Migration of GoldMine
Benny Van
2007-06-25 23:40:00 UTC
Hello All!
Our GoldMine resides on an old server, we bought a new server to
replace the old one, we also want to move all the data and the
application to the new server, anyone who has general ideas on how to
do that? Just copy and paste the folder through network? Or we need to
reinstall the application on the new server first then move the data
later, and what kind of data need to be moved? Or is there a tool that
help export and import the data and setting files so that the
migration process will become a little easier? Thanks for your
information!!

Sincerely,
Lei
m***@gmail.com
2007-06-30 00:59:22 UTC
Post by Benny Van
Hello All!
Our GoldMine resides on an old server, we bought a new server to
replace the old one, we also want to move all the data and the
application to the new server, anyone who has general ideas on how to
do that? Just copy and paste the folder through network? Or we need to
reinstall the application on the new server first then move the data
later, and what kind of data need to be moved? Or is there a tool that
help export and import the data and setting files so that the
migration process will become a little easier? Thanks for your
information!!
Sincerely,
Lei
You can copy and paste but you must retain the original workstation
drive mappings or UNC pathing depending on which you use for GoldMine.

Drive mappings are preferred.
gr
2007-07-14 21:09:54 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Benny Van
Hello All!
Our GoldMine resides on an old server, we bought a new server to
replace the old one, we also want to move all the data and the
application to the new server, anyone who has general ideas on how to
do that? Just copy and paste the folder through network? Or we need to
reinstall the application on the new server first then move the data
later, and what kind of data need to be moved? Or is there a tool that
help export and import the data and setting files so that the
migration process will become a little easier? Thanks for your
information!!
Sincerely,
Lei
You can copy and paste but you must retain the original workstation
drive mappings or UNC pathing depending on which you use for GoldMine.
Drive mappings are preferred.
Right;, in my setup the workstations are all mapped to a server, using
the drive letter P:. Install a new server, copy the data to the new
server, remap each user, done! Caveat; newer version may vary!
gr